Choosing a new home can be a tricky process, especially when you aren’t sure what the most important thing is to look for when beginning your search. What some new home seekers forget to think about is, in fact, the neighborhood. Where your home is located plays a large role in your happiness as a homeowner, therefore finding the perfect neighborhood should be high on your priority list during the process.
Here are five simple steps to help you find the place of your dreams in the neighborhood where you belong:
Step 1: Profile Your Perfect Neighborhood
Think about what you are really looking for in a neighborhood. What type of lifestyle do you have? Consider making yourself a list and put the “must-haves” at the top of your list and the “would-like to haves” more toward to bottom. In the process of choosing your “must-haves” and “would-like-to-haves,” ask yourself these kinds of questions:
- Do you have children or are you planning to have children anytime soon?
- What type of home do you want?
- How far are you willing to commute?
- What is your current community lacking?
- Do you want to be able to go places on foot?
- What don’t you want in a neighborhood?